What should I look for in a social work program?
Should I re-take the LSAT?
How can I stand out to medical schools?
What do MFA programs look for in candidates?
Graduate school candidates come to us with different needs. Some want assistance finding the ideal program to help them pursue a particular passion. Others have questions about standardized testing and financial aid. Whether you have a handful of questions, or want our soup-to-nuts help throughout the application process, Louis Educational Consulting will work with you to develop a personalized admissions strategy.
We work one-on-one with law school, medical school and other graduate school candidates on:
- Choosing the right career for you
- Selecting an undergraduate curriculum to put you on the right path (if relevant)
- Developing a meaningful community service record
- Assessing your unique strengths so that you can highlight them to others
- Participating in relevant activities outside of the classroom
- Assessing your standardized test scores and, if needed, identifying ways to bring them up
- Choosing an appropriate mix of schools to apply to
- The right way to communicate with admissions officers – and what not to do
- Putting together a compelling CV/resume
- Identifying teachers, colleagues and others for letters of recommendation
- Brainstorming effective personal statements and fine-tuning written work product (please note that we suggest edits, but will not write their essays for them!)
- Creating three-dimensional applications that reflect your unique qualifications and strengths
- Preparing for interviews
- Addressing wait-lists or deferrals
- Reviewing your previous rejections to identify weaknesses that can be improved upon
- Improving your academic history (if needed)
- Making the final choice once acceptances have been received
Application Soup to Nuts Package
- Putting together a realistic timeline for completing applications and staying on top of deadlines
- Preparing for interviews
- Crafting your resume
- Selecting professors and others for recommendations
- Brainstorming an appropriate mix of programs to apply to
Additional time can be purchased hourly, or in additional four-hour increments.
4-Hour Personal Statement Consultation
When you purchase our 4-hour block, we devote the first two hours to interviewing you and having you take an attribute assessment so that we can provide meaningful guidance. We spend the second two hours of your package working with you to develop and refine your personal statement or statement of purpose. Additional time can be purchased hourly, or in additional four-hour increments.
Access graduate admissions consulting on an as-needed basis. You set the agenda, so whether you need help understanding graduate school admissions testing, the medical school, law school or graduate school admission process, a consultation is your chance to pick our brains and ask discrete questions.
Please note we will not discuss your personal statement or statement of purpose until we’ve devoted two hours to getting to know you!